Friday, April 19, 2013

Our Walk

Today I want to share a fun spring layout with you!  Anyone who knows me, knows that I struggle to scrap more than 1 picture on a page....well....Miss Juliana Micheals who is on the Paper Bakery DT with me, and is the new Sketch Artist for PB has brought me out of my comfort zone.  And guess what? I love it!!!!  This may be one of my most favourite layouts of late. (be sure to head over to the Paper Bakery Blog and play along with our sketch challenge..Sketch1 is up now, and Sketch 2 is coming soon! Link up your work on the right side of the blog!)


The word "walk" was created by using some old Thickers I had.  I wasn't keen on the colour so I heat embossed them with Gold Glitter Zing and voila!

The clothespin under the title took me out of my comfort zone also...but I saw on Shanna Noels layout, she just took them apart, and only put half on...so I did that with my heart clothespin!

The doily was misted with Mister Hueys Watercooler and then Heidi Swapp Gold Lame over top! The gold drops on the doily are from my Viva Pearl Pen.

The clouds were cut out of a piece of Amy Tangerines new paper from her Yes Please collection.  I then mixed some Heidi Swapp Tropicana Teal Color Shine and water together on my craft mat, and then painted the clouds!

Thanks for stopping by!  I challenge you to try something out of your comfort zone while scrapbooking, whether it be the size you scrap, to a tool you use....I would love to see!
You just might surprise yourself!

leave me a link here in the comments or tag me on Instagram (danielle1975)
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. I love the misting on the doily and that you heat embossed your Thickers with a preferred color. My comfort zone with photos on a layout is 1, 2 or 3 but I have a hard time with more than that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the look of clothespins, but never use them because they are so bulky. I like how you took yours apart. The hearts on yours are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! I see why it's one of your favorites. Great idea to heat-emboss Thickers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet, Danielle! Your pics are adorable...and I am completely jealous of your handwriting!
    Jazz
    alittledabofglue.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout love the clouds :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. great layout - love the doily and what you did with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like how you used your mists and embossing powder. Very cool page!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your pictures, they are so sweet. Reminds me of my kids. Love the gold Thickers and the large doily.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This turned out great. I love the clothespin tip. I have always thought they would make my page too bulky. Never thought of taking them apart. Look for a clothespin on an upcoming layout! Great trick with the Thickers too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I struggle with using more than 1 pic too...this looks super cute, and I love your take on the sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful layout! Love the color on the doily and gorgeous gold embossing! So glad you could join us at Little Tangles this week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...