Monday, August 3, 2015

Challenge Week at Noel Mignon!

Happy Monday!!! This week is "Challenge Week" over at the Noel Mignon Blog!  Each day a design team member is going to put out a challenge to our readers, and share examples of how we took on the challenge! So are you ready to hear what the PRIZE is?! It with be a Daily Diary Kit of your choice?!!!! Have you seen how jam packed those kits are?
Once you complete all 6 challenges, and post your project in the correct album on the Facebook Members page you will be entered to win! If your not a member of that page, just type in NoelMignon Members in the search bar on FB! All projects are due in August 31.

My Challenge to you is....

STENCILS

I was inspired by the stencils that came in this months kit

The NEW Country Life Classic Kit
I grabbed the Heart Stencil that came in my kit, and decided to use it on the background.  I started with mixing some Modeling Paste and Finnabar Art Sugar together and used my palette knife to spread it around on the background paper
(in the end it seems I covered most of this part up..oops!)
Next I mixed some Gelatos and a spritz of water on my craft mat, and then painted in the hearts over the rest of the background, for a soft watercolour effect.
And here is my finished project!
you can see a few of the hearts painted with gelatos here

and here
in this photo you can see, in between the banner, the heart made with the Modeling Paste & Art Sugar... I wish this photo captured how sparkly it is!
So today I challenge you to use a STENCIL on your project, wether it be a Daily Dairy design element or a Scrapbook Page, its your choice.  You can use it anyway you like.... will gesso, modeling paste, mist, paint, stitch, or even just trace the design with a pen or watercolour pencil.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...